Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pipes

Yesterday we started hearing a gurgling noise coming through the toilets.  Now I have a bathtub full of stinky, stuff filled water.  This morning a plumber came by and said that the clay sewer pipes leading away from the house are either cracked or have tree roots in them.  Now I am waiting for our landlord to make the necessary arrangements to fix the problem. 

In the meantime, I cannot do the dishes, the laundry, take a shower, and there is only one toilet I can use.  It really made me consider how lucky most Americans are to have running hot water, dishwashers, laundry facilities, and more in or around our homes. 

So take a moment today to thank God for all that you have.  I am so thankful that my parents live only minutes away where a shower is possible.  More than that, I am thankful that my landlord is trying to get it taken care of as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment