Saturday, May 15, 2010

Work, Love, and Dogs

This was a big week for us, resulting in little to no ability to post this week.  So here is a recap:

Monday - On an impulse (one I have been thinking about for a while) I contacted a lady on Craigslist that was offering a Miniature Black Poodle for free - and I mean free, no rehoming fee, anything.  So, we arranged to meet at the park around the street from Rick's work and I picked up Elyse.  I wanted both of them to make the decision with me.  An hour later, we drove home with Boogee, now known as Hardy Har Har Taylor.  Hardy is the name Elyse picked out for her dog nearly two years ago, and now he is the newest member of the family. 

A VBS planning meeting and our home group rounded out my day.

Tuesday - I had not planned on working much for the rest of the school year for various reasons.  One of those reasons is still a reason, I am now taking two masters classes for the next 6 weeks as opposed to one.  Unfortunately, they are very difficult courses with 45 practicum hours and two of the hardest teachers I have had so far.  But the secretary at Waite called with a need for me to take over a classroom for the next 5 weeks.  Of course I said yes.  Despite the struggles I have had with many of the students, I have put two years into them and want to see them through the end of the year.  So I started working, and will be there for as long as they need me.

Once my work day finished, I came home, picked up Elyse's leotard, picked up Elyse from school, took her to gymnastics, made dinner, went to go get gas for the car, went to my tutoring session, met my cousin for coffee, and then came home to a dog who wanted to play.  It was a crazy day.

Wednesday - After work, I came home exhausted.  I nearly fell asleep driving home.  So rather than working on my homework (see the procrastination post) I took a nap.  Rick came home and we picked up Elyse at school, went to go get dinner, and took the dog for a walk.  It was 7:30 pm by the time I started my assignments, and 1:30 am by the time I went to bed.

Thursday - Elyse woke up at 6:00 am with a 102.8 temperature and I had the forever torment of a mother, go to work or stay home with my sick little girl.  Luckily Rick was able to arrange his schedule to stay with her.  I went to work, but worried about her all day.  The rest of the day was fairly uneventful, just more homework.

Friday - Probably my least active day this week.  Work, pick-up Elyse, take Rick for a haircut, go to PetSmart and Target, eat dinner, come home - not bad.

So, now you see why I have not had time to sit and write at all.  I have a new book I really want to read but I don't have time.  I haven't seen or talked to my friends in a while.  I barely have time to talk to my husband.  Someone recently asked me if I knew how to say no.  What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to do many of these things with you and it doesn't seem that bad. When I read it, however, it wears me out. Just remember, that you get to ride to work and back home with your loving father.